Swimming for children aged 2 to 4.5
At the age of two, the emphasis is on the correct technique of legs movement, i.e. acquiring the frog-like movement, which should be internalised at this stage. Various colourful props such as boards, balls and other stimulating toys used in various games enable children to learn more easily and faster, without even being aware of the learning process.
At this stage of the programme, children are also in the pool with a familiar person, but are increasingly integrated in the group through team work and common task completion. The red, and later the orange SWIMTRAINER are used.
- The programme is held continuously throughout the year in four cycles:
- autumn cycle / 10 lessons / once per week / September, October, ½ November
- winter cycle / 10 lessons / once per week / ½ November, December, January, ½ February
- spring cycle / 10 lessons / once per week / ½ February / March / April
- summer cycle / 4-6 lessons / once a week / May and June
- intensive summer cycle in July, it lasts 2 weeks / 6 lessons / membership fee HRK 450.00
- The price of the 10-lesson-cycle is HRK 750.00
- The lesson in the pool lasts up to 40 minutes
- Location and schedule: Centre Mali dom, Baštijanova 1 D (from Monday to Friday, Sports Centre Svetice, Maksimirska 126 and Winter Swimming Pool Mladost, Trg Krešimira Ćosića 10 – See locations
- In order to apply for the programme, fill in the Interest Form
After you receive information on available places in the programme, you need to read GOLDEN RULES and CONTRAINDICATIONS and fill in the on-line APPLICATION FORM.
Our liabilities towards you, requirements for participation in the programme, cancellation and rescheduling of lessons, alternative lessons, instructions for work at the swimming pool, information on SWIMTRAINERS and neoprene swimsuits, instructions on conduct on the swimming pool…
Sick swimmers bring pathogenic organisms into water. Therefore, swimmers are forbidden to enter the pool when suffering from diseases named in this document. The ban is applicable to familiar persons (parents, teachers…) accompanying swimmers in the pool.
Sign up for Natator Swimming Club
The reservation amount can be refunded only based on the medical certificate.
The remaining amount needs to be paid before the programme starts.
All participants in the programme have to adhere to the rules on swimming pool gear.
Please come to the swimming pool 15 minutes before the programme starts.
What to take to the pool
Flat cloth diapers to change your baby on, nappy cream, towels for parents and the baby, shower gel, hair dryer, swim cap and pool shoes are only some of the items you should bring to the pool…
Swimming pool gear
Dear swimming pool users, due to hygienic and healthcare reasons wearing swim caps and other appropriate clothes is recommended. This document shows examples of clothes appropriate for swimming pools.
We organise an introductory lecture for our members and all interested parents four times per year. At the lecture, we present the FREDS SWIM ACADEMY method which gradually and in the way appropriately adjusted to each development phase provides children with an experience of success and the feeling of safety in water, necessary for children to successfully learn how to swim and to acquire a positive attitude to water they will treasure for life; we talk about the organisation of coming to / leaving the pool with babies and children; the pool safety, SWIMTRAINERS; advantages of early swimming and its influence on the overall development of babies and toddlers; prerequisites for exercising in water; absolute and relative contraindications for exercising in water, golden rules etc.
We show sample videos of swimming training for each age group, and parents are provided with an opportunity to ask questions and get answers during an interactive lecture.